If this is your first experience with my 5e homebrew then I suggest you check out this link, instead of this trimmed down version. Especially if you are interested in any of the rational for my choices. But if you just want to dig into the pile of rules that this post is then proceed. I say that because the following is everything in a list.
The psionics class and all of the homebrew goodness right in a row with all of the creator explanation taken out. If you want the rational for why I chose certain powers and abilities for the individual disciplines you can check out. Now onto Psionics! Psionics!
The Lingo for my 5e Homebrew Psionics for D&D
First let us break down the lingo that I use to separate Psionics from the other classes without making up complex rules sets of questionable balance.
Psychic Well and Drams: Psychic well is the area in which the character’s psionic potential, that fuels their powers, resides. How one constructs their well is the basis for their origin story.
Origins: Every person with a special skill set comes by it in a unique way. But over the thousands of years a pattern of stories develops. In a fantasy setting that pattern includes such events as;going to a monastery to train for years, marauders destroy everything of value in their life and their rage kills the marauders, or a burning desire to not be eaten by a predator.
When the will of the character enacts the powers they consume Drams to activate it. Similarly to taking a draught from the well, a dram, a drink. This fills the psychic conduits(circuitry) in and around the character’s body activating the power.
Psychic Conduits / Psychic Circuitry:Psychic Circuitry /Psychic Conduit is the basis for the psionicist’s ability to manifest powers.
Constructed through intuition and desire the circuits are activated through the will of the psionicist as they move the arcane energy along the unique paths within their body and energy matrix.
It is very similar to electricity moving along a path within a circuit board, sugar being carried by the blood to energize systems, or water and nutrients flowing through a network of mycelium or roots to produce a specific effect.
What makes the Psionics circuits different then the biological and technological is that these are constructs of magic that form additional pathway within, and without, the body that change the overall energy patterns to something completely different. This results in arcane energies moving through the system to manifest extraordinary effects.
Powers: How to use the spell list for psionic powers? Focus on the mechanism, not the name of the spell. The names can be changed to reflect a more thematic in game rational for a particular discipline to have their power list. An example that comes to mind is the Relativist (discipline of time and space) They have a spell list that comes from every full caster’s list. They have druid spells that alter how a plant grows, they have cleric spells associated with healing, and they have spells dealing with weight, time, teleportation, and movement.
Manifest: For all in game mechanics the powers, work exactly as stated in the spell rules. A Psionics known powers are as per sorcerer, components are still required for certain powers to work. For example, if a spell requires a 100 gp gem, and it is consumed by the casting of the spell normally, than there is a space in the psychic circuit that destroys the gem when the gem is placed there and the power is activated. Otherwise the spells lose their balancing factor of rare or costly components when converted to powers.
The Class Breakdown:
Hit Dice: 1d6 per Psionicists level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 6 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d6 (or 4) + your
Constitution modifier per psionicists level after 1st
Weapons: Simple weapons
Saving Throws: Wisdom, see Discipline selection for 2nd saving throw
Skills: Choose two from Psionics (Arcane), History, Insight, Medicine, Perception, and any additional skills added to the list from your chosen discipline.
- A Metabolist’s body undergoes tremendous strain due to the mental powers that are worked through it. Expansion isn’t easy on the muscles and shapechanging isn’t for the weak.
- Gain Strength as one of your saving throws(if you have only one save from all of your classes)
- Add Athletics and Animal Handling to your list of starting skill choices
- A Relativist’s body is intimately linked with movement both of the physical and dimensional kind. Their mind and movement become faster as they regularly calculate great changes in forces.
- Gain Intelligence as one of your saving throws(if you have only one save from all of your classes)
- Add Acrobatics and Sleight of Hand to your list of starting skill choices
- A Kineticist’s body feels intimately linked with the push and pull of forces. They naturally apply their Kinetic abilities to assist them with physical movement.
- Gain Strength as one of your saving throws(if you have only one save from all of your classes)
- Add Athletics and Stealth to your list of starting skill choices
- A Telepath’s force of personality is as vital to their powers as their discipline and willpower. One does not force themselves behind the mental walls of others without a presence to match their will.
- Gain Charisma as one of your saving throws(if you have only one save from all of your classes)
- Add Persuasion and Deception to your list of starting skill choices
- A Cognizant’s ability to remember, categorize, and analyze all of the different stimuli(visions) that they receive through their mental might is a power onto itself.
- Gain Intelligence as one of your saving throws(if you have only one save from all of your classes)
- Add Investigation and Survival to your list of starting skill choices
We have gone through the the initial class differences for the starting skills and saves. Now let us continue on to the general class advancement and the more specific powers of each discipline.
- 1st level:
- Psionic Discipline: Gain the 1st level class feature for the Discipline you selected
- As per Sorcerer except Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your Psionicist ‘s spells and use the Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition DMG’s (pg 288) spell point system rather than the spell slots. In my write up this “spellpool” is known as the psychic well and the spell points are drams.
- Number of cantrips and spells known as per Sorcerer. Spell list as per the chosen discipline (see spell lists)
- Proficiency bonus as per the standard classes
- 2nd level:
- Revitalized Mind: During a short rest, once per long rest, you can regain a number of expended spell points equal to 1/2 of your level in Psionics and add them to your spell point total.
- Discipline Feature
- 3rd level:
- Metamagic: You are able to twist and strain the limit’s of powers by altering your body’s conduits through different forms, poses, and contortions. Gain 2 metamagic abilities
- 4th level: Ability modifiers or optional feat.
- 5th level:
- 6th level: Discipline Feature
- 7th level:
- 8th level:Ability modifiers or optional feat.
- 9th level:
- 10th level:
- Metamagic: You are further able to twist and strain the limit’s of powers by altering your body’s conduits through different forms, poses, and contortions. Gain 1 additional metamagic abilities
- 11th level:
- 12th level: Ability modifiers or optional feat.
- 13th level:
- 14th level: Discipline Feature
- 15th level:
- 16th level: Ability modifiers or optional feat.
- 17th level:
- Metamagic:You are further able to twist and strain the limit’s of powers by altering your body’s conduits through different forms, poses, and contortions Gain 1 additional metamagic abilities
- 18th level:
- 19th level:
- 20th level: Ability modifiers or optional feat.
I have gone with base names that describe what they are without seeming too science based but I did not want to swing too far the other way and name them things like “shaper” ugh. This is the Nerdarchy not the Neanderthal-y
I have no issue with people who play them with simplified names or cultures within the a game that name them as such. I didn’t want my version of psionics to use sightwords you could find on a first graders school list to name the different psionic disciplines.
Below I have included some names by which they may be known, feel free to use these or one’s of your own making.
Cognizant: Seer, Oracle, Prophet, Knower (beyond knowing)
Kineticist: Firestarter, Elementalist, Shaper, Maker, Breaker, Ten Men(strength of)
Metabolist: Changelings, Dopplegangers, Beastman, Shapeshifter, Wereling
Relativist: Outsider(lives outside of time), Traveler, Timedancer, Skipper, Poltegist, Immortalis (The ones who live outside of time)
Telepath: Mindspeaker, Thoughtspy, Beguiler, Enchantress, Thoughtstealer, One who Reveals
In the end it is simply the name game to select what you think captures the feeling and concept of the discipline. Pick a name off of what works for your character, not the mechanics
- Sixth Sense: You have an understanding of how to move and where to stand in most situations, you cannot quantify it or explain it, you simply know based on analyzing the impressions gained by your special insights. When to be where you are now.
- As long as you are conscious you may substitute your Intelligence modifier in place of your Dexterity modifier in certain circumstances, as a free action. Specifically you can now substitute your modifier (if positive) from your Intelligence score in place of your Dexterity modifier for Dexterity Saves, Initiative, and AC. Example: An intelligence modifier of +3 would give you a 13 AC
- This does not count as an alternate way to calculate AC- it is simply a substitution. If you wore leather armor you would calculate your AC as 11 + Dexterity Modifier. You may then substitute your Intelligence modifier in place of your Dexterity modifier.
- “Sometimes standing where you know the sword will not be is the strongest defense.”
- Add the following spells to your known spells at the level listed
- 1st Level: True Strike, Identify, Detect Magic
- 3rd Level: Detect Thoughts, Locate Object
- 5th Level: Clairvoyance, Tongues
- 7th Level: Arcane Eye, Locate Creature
- 9th Level: Legend Lore, Rary’s Telepathic Bond
- Danger Sense: You are learning what each warning signal from your sixth sense means and can now see danger a mere moment before it occurs.
- You gain advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects, spells, and traps as long as you are conscious and not incapacitated.
- Clearer Knowing- Your ability to understand your insights into the future is growing. You can better decipher and identify the dangers you see just ahead of when they happen. This saves you from the brunt of even the most unavoidable attacks. “Getting shot in the shoulder beats getting shot in the heart any day and all I needed to do was twitch”
- If you are conscious and not incapacitated you may spend your reaction to reduce the damage by half from an attack that targets you as long as that damage is reducible.
- Ease of Knowing: Your psychic conduit channels are strengthened by the constant flow of divination powers.
- Whenever you use a divination power the drams needed to activate that power are reduced to half (rounded up). This does not reduce the level of the spell, so you are still limited to one casting each of 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th level spells regardless of it being a divination power or not.
- Telekinetic Shield, You create a shield of force that encapsulates your body. On your turn you can activate your Telekinetic Shield as a bonus action.
- While activated you gain the following benefits:
- You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength based Saving throws. As well as Dex saves against physical and force attacks/spells.
- You Gain a +2 to Armor Class and this bonus increases at the same rate as the “Rage Damage” tables in the Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition Player’s Handbook (pg 47)
- You have resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing, and Force Damage.
- Your Telekinetic Shield lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you make a physical attack. You may activate your Telekinetic Shield a number of times per day as per the “Rage” ability for Barbarians (starts at twice a day and increases), from the Dungeons and Dragons Player’s Handbook (pg 47)
- You cannot make a physical based attack(melee or ranged) without disrupting the shield. You may still cast spells and concentrate on others if you are able to do so normally without disrupting the telekinetic shield.
- You gain Mage Hand as a cantrip. If you already have it select another cantrip. Your mage hand can act as if there are now two hands(i.e using a hammer and chisel). The spell’s range remains the same.
- Your Mage hand improves as you level.
- Extra set of Hands:
- When crafting or doing a task that requires more than 1 round to complete, but is not a ritual or spell, the time required to complete the task is reduced by half. The DM has final say on whether or not a task could benefit from an extra set of mind controlled hands.
- Partition Spells- You are adept at using just the right amount of energy to complete a task.
- Any spell that has a duration can be cast at 1/10th of the duration at the cost of 1 spell point. Example: Partitioned Telekinesis. Duration: 1 minute, Cost: 1 spell point. Telekinesis normally costs 7 spell points and lasts for 10 minutes.
- Your Mage Hands can now be used to shove, disarm, and grapple opponents from a distance. Whenever you could make an attack you instead can cast mage hand and immediately do one of the previously mentioned maneuvers.
- Alter Form: Flesh Armor
- your AC can now be calculated as AC 10 + your Dexterity Modifier + your Constitution Modifier. You also gain 1 hp now and 1 hp each time you gain a new level in Psionics. Flesh Armor is always active even if you use another way to calculate AC or take another form you still benefit from the non-AC features of Alter Form. It is your choice whether or not to use a shape’s natural armor or your own fabricated armor rather than the Flesh Armor when calculating AC. Just like everything else in 5th edition, different ways to calculate AC do not stack.
- Humanoid Shapeshifter: You can use your action to magically assume the shape of a humanoid you have seen before (or sufficiently studied as per DM option). similar to Druid’s Wildshape ability but only humanoids. You can use this feature twice per short or long rest. You can assume Humanoid Shapes of 1/2 CR or lower but you cannot use their swim or fly speeds.The formula for CR max is 1/4 your level in Metabolist.
- Exceptions: You do not gain any spellcasting feature from your new form. You may still cast spells and speak as long as the humanoid form has a mouth and hands/claws.
- Alter Form: Superior Alter Self. You gain the Alter Self spell. If you already had it you select another spell. In addition, your Alter Self spell can be cast as a bonus action and no longer requires concentration.
- Alter Form: Toughen Skin. Once per long rest you may activate Stoneskin without paying it’s cost in spell points or having it as one of your known spells
- Temporal Shielding: Through intimate contact with the powers that control reality you are able to create a protective buffer of time.
- When you manifest a power that you gained from being a Relativist your shielding is activated (or strengthened if already active).
- It can be spent to absorb a number of hit points equal to the spell points that activated it. If the shield is already active then you may add a number of points equal to the drams spent on the spell(including metamagics).
- These points last until you take a long rest or expend them
- The maximum amount of points that can be stored is equal to your level in Psionics.
- Time Wrinkle: Whenever an encounter begins you may add your Wisdom modifier or level in the Psionics class (whichever is lower) to your initiative
- Dimensional Skip: Skipping You move faster through a space by skipping some of the space during your movement. Your base speed is increased by 10 ft. This is considered a continuous magical effect while you are moving. This ability increases as per the monk class
- Dimensional Skip: Leap- As a bonus action during your turn the Relativist can pay 2 drams to skip through a barrier that is thinner than the total distance left of the Relativist ‘s movement from Skipping.
- If you try jumping through a barrier that is impassible or it is greater than your remaining jump distance the Relativist ‘s power fails.
- Your Skip is more reliable and attacks made against you while you are in motion are made at disadvantage
- Dimensional Skip: Dodge. As a reaction you can use Dimensional Leap. If you are being attacked you gain resistance to physical damage and gain improved evasion until the end of your next turn.
- Personal Magnetism / Psychic Impressions– Most people you talk with seem to think the better of you due to your charming personality, mannerisms, and personality. Gain Friends as a cantrip. If you have it then select another cantrip. You may use Friends a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier+1(minimum 1) without the person knowing that you have used magic against them (unless they possess some other means of knowing)
- – Authors Note: I originally had a separate ability that did what friends does. So rather than describe it with the changes I chose to use the spell mechanics that already existed. I do not recommend changing the drawback for other enchantment spells until a much later level. See enchantment school as an example. Also consider that they get this instead of armor bonus or hp buffs
- Mind Link- You gain a two way communication with someone you can see. As a bonus you can communicate simple instructions at the speed of thought with the target. Unwilling targets get a a wisdom spell save to disrupt the link. These effects work even if you are viewing them through non-line of sight means.
- Read Thoughts: Skim-The Psionics character has a better understanding of the flow of thoughts of other beings. It is possible to string together words and images from an others mind and get information from it by skimming along the mind. This is still only surface thoughts and current topics within the being’s mind. The Telepath is limited to the information that the being is currently thinking about not what they know of a subject in general.
- Example: If the Telepath wants to know who the Mayor was speaking with last night then the Mayor needs to coincidentally think about it(worried about, troubled about, planning for, or anticipating- the next meeting) If you want to work it out as a save or percent roll that is fine. Otherwise the Telepath will be waiting for the Mayor to daydream about it or get reminded about it by seeing the person they met last night or if someone asks the Mayor where he was on the previous evening.
Mind Alteration: Whenever you use a Telepath or enchantment spell and the target would know that you cast a spell on them after the spell has ended you may choose to alter their perception to ignore the spell cast against them. Similar to the enchant school’s ability
I considered the power and usability of each power list as part of the greater whole of the class features and class effectiveness.
Each discipline has thematic spells that show what the class is when one takes into consideration both the spell list and class features of the individual disciplines.
Below is the list of all of the discipline’s. They are separated by level to make it easier to choose powers for your character.
A finale reminder: The spells were chosen for each discipline based on what they can do, not by their name. I also chose the spells without any consideration to the other existing spell casters. I chose what fit mechanically into my vision of the disciplines
- Zero level :
- Blade Ward, Dancing Lights, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Produce Flame, Ray of Frost, Shocking Grasp, Ballistic Attack
- 1st Level:
- Feather Fall, LongStrider, Thunderwave, Unseen Servant, Shield of Faith, Fog Cloud, Burning Hands, Mage Armor, Shield, Tenser’s Floating Disc, Armor of Agathys
- 2nd Level:
- Flaming Sphere, Gust of Wind, Hold Person, Knock, Levitate, Scorching Ray, Shatter, Cordon of Arrows, Enhance Ability, Flame Blade, Heat Metal, Spiritual Weapon
- 3rd Level:
- Daylight, Create Food and Water, Protection from Energy, Spirit Guardian, Call Lighting, Sleet Storm, Water Walk, Wind Wall, Gaseous Form, Leomund’s Tiny Hut, Lighting Bolt, Phantom Steed, Detonate (nonliving/ non-sentient object or material is targeted and destroyed explodes as a fireball of half strength rounded up)
- 4th Level:
- Freedom of Movement, Control Water, Stone Shape, Otiluke’s Resilience Sphere, Ice Storm, Wall of Fire, Fabricate, Fire Shield, Mordenkianen’s Faithful Hound
- 5th Level:
- Animate Objects, Hold Monster, Flame Strike, Telekinesis, Cone of Cold, Creations, Wall of Stone, Wall of Force, Bigby’s Hands
- 6th Level:
- Blade Barrier, Move Earth, Otiluke’s Freezing Sphere, Sunbeam, Wind Walk, Chain Lighting, Disintegrate, Globe of Invulnerability, Flesh to Stone, Wall of Ice
- 7th Level:
- Firestorm, Force Cage, Etherealness, Mordekianen’s Sword, Reverse Gravity, Delayed Blast Fireball, Prismatic Spray, Simulacrum
- 8th Level:
- Control Weather, Incendiary Cloud, Sunburst, Tsunami, Earthquake, Antimagic Field
- 9th Level:
- Meteor Swarm, Annihilate (detonate on nonliving and/ or living things- 1 target or a 5ft area that includes 1 target makes a save as per finger of death with the restrictions of finger of death(hp total) failed saves result in explosions and nothing left but dusty bits ). Wish (Restricted to creation / destruction of objects, healing, harming, restoring, etc of a spell of 8th level or lower- just spin it how you need for the theme of it)
Cantrips: Spare the Dying, True Strike, Druidcraft, Ray of Frost, Fatigue, Guidance, Mending, Blade Ward
1st Level Spells:
Healing Word, Longstrider, Featherfall, Alarm, Sanctuary, Inflict Wounds, Expeditious Retreat, Armor of Agathys, Chromatic Orb
2nd Level Spells:
Blindness/Deafness, Hold Person, Flaming(Elemental) Sword, Lesser Restoration, Shatter, Silence, Continual Flame, Enhance Ability, Prayer of Healing, Warding Bond, Pass without Trace, Blur, Misty Step, Gentle Repose, Magic Weapon, Rope Trick
3rd Level Spells:
Dispel Magic, Feign Death, Leomond’s Tiny Hut, Nondetection, Counterspell, Meld into Stone, Plant Growth, Protection from Energy, Glyph of Warding, Blink, Haste, Revivify, Slow, Waterbreathing
4th Level Spells:
Dimension Door, Freedom of Movement, Banishment, Conjure Minor Elemental, Conjure Woodland Beings, Mordenkainens Private Sanctum, Mordenkainen’s Faithful Hound
5th Level Spells:
Planar Binding, Hallow, Hold Monster, Reincarnate, Anti-life Shell, Conjure Elemental, Treestride, Teleportation Circle, Creation, Contact Other Plane, Cone of Cold
6th Level Spells:
Arcane Gate, Drawmij’s Instant Summons, Contingency, Guards/Wards, Planar Ally, Magic Jar, Forbidance, Conjure Fey, Transport Via Plants, Wall of Thorns
7th Level Spells:
Etherealness, Mordenkainen’s Magnificent Mansion, Mordenkainen’s Sword, Teleport, Regenerate, Conjure Celestial, Plane Shift, Reverse Gravity, Anti-Magic Field, Sequester
8th Level Spells:
Clone, Earthquake, Demiplane, Maze, Trap the Soul
9th Level Spells:
Gate, Timestop, Astral Projection, Imprisonment, Wish
- Cantrips: Acid Splash, Blade Ward, Contact, Fatigue, Light, Poison Spray, Shocking Grasp, Spare the Dying, True Strike,
- 1st Level Spells:
- Animal Friendship, Compel Duel, Cure Wounds, Expeditious Retreat, False Life, Grease, Heroism, Inflict Wounds, Jump, Long Stride, Purify food/ drink, Shield, Sleep
- 2nd Level Spells:
- Alter Self, Barkskin, Darkvision, Detect Poison/Disease, Enlarge/ Reduce, Enhance Ability, Gentle Repose, Lesser Restoration, Pass without Trace, Prayer of Healing, Protection from Poison, Spider Climb, Zone of Truth
- 3rd Level Spells:
- Blur, Fear, Feign Death, Fly, Haste, Protection from Energy, Revivify, Slow, Waterbreathing
- 4th Level Spells:
- Deathward, Freedom of Movement, Polymorph, Stoneskin
- 5th Level Spells:
- Contagion, Destructive Smite, Greater Restoration, Insect Plague
- 6th Level Spells:
- Contingency, Find the Path, Globe of Invulnerability, Harm
- 7th Level Spells:
- Regenerate, Anti-magic Field
- 8th Level Spells:
- Holy Aura, Glibness, Clone
- 9th Level Spells:
- Shapechange, Foresight, Astral Projection
- Cantrips: Friends, Message, True Strike, Vicious Mockery, Minor illusion, Dancing Light, Fatigue
- 1st Level
- Sanctuary, alarm, Charm Person, Comprehend Languages, Disguise Self, Detect Magic, Dissonant Whispers, Faerie Fire, Healing Word, Heroism, Illusory Script, Silent Image, Sleep, T. Hideous Laughter, Command, Detect Good/Evil, Compell Duel, Find Familiar
- New First level power: Psychic Blast: 60 ft, Ranged spell attack 3d6 psychic damage. Spell is able to be increased.
- cast as a 2nd level spell: 4d6 damage. After effect: Roll dice as per the sleep spell against the target(s).
- cast as a 3rd level spell: 5d6 damage. Then select any 1 lower level After effect
- cast as a 4th level spell: 6d6 damage. Gain a new after effect to use: hold person, as per spell. Or select any 1 lower level After effect
- cast as a 5th level spell: 7d6 damage. Gain a new after effect to use: Fear as per spell. Or select any 1 lower level After Effect to apply.
- cast as a 6th level spell: 8d6 damage. Gain a new area(10′ radius) Then select any 1 lower level After Effect to apply.
- cast as a 7th level spell: 9d6 damage. Gain a new area(60′ line) Then select any 1 lower level After Effect to apply.
- cast as a 8th level spell: 10d6 damage. Chose an area effect (single, line, radius). Then select 2 different lower level After Effects to apply.
- cast as a 9th level spell: 11d6 damage. Gain a new area(60′ cone) or chose between single, line, radius. Then select 2 different lower level After Effects to apply.
- 2nd Level
- Animal Messenger, Blindness/Deafness, Crown of Madness, Enhance Ability, Enthrall, Hold Person, See invisibility, Silence, Suggestion, Zone of Truth,
- New 2nd Level power: Sense Link- range: 120 ft, Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour. You share sensations with another being. Select a target. If they are unwilling they get a will save. Choose one of the senses. You sense what the other is hearing, feeling, seeing. You may choose to let them do the same for the duration) At the start of your turn you may chose to share your senses with another in a distracting manner. The target gets a will save. Failure means they get disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks.
- 3rd Level
- Fear, Feign Death, Hypnotic Pattern, Major Image, Nondetection, Sending, Tongues, Spirit Guardian
- 4th Level
- Compulsion, Confusion, Hallucinatory Terrain, Locate Creature
- 5th Level
- Awaken, Dominate Person, Geas, Hold Monster, Mislead, Seeming, Modify Memory
- 6th Level
- Eyebite, Otto Irresistible Dance, Mass Suggestion
- 7th Level
- Mirage Arcane, Project Image, Symbol
- 8th Level
- Power Word Stun, Antipathy, Glibness, Mindblank, Dominate Monster, Telepathy, Feeblemind
- 9th Level
- Power Word Kill, Wish(a charm/enchantment based effect of another spell)
I found Cognizant to be the most difficult to construct a spell list for because most of the spells sound like a poor match based on their name but the mechanics of certain spells lend themselves to altering the abilities of the cognizant in a way that can be re-skinned to reflect the prophetic might of this particular discipline.
- Zero level :
- Blade Ward, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, true strike, vicious mockery, guidance, shillelagh, friends
- 1st Level:
- LongStrider, speak with animals, Unseen Servant, Shield of Faith, detect evil / goodMage Armor, Shield,, expeditious retreat, hunter’s mark, find familiar, alarm
- 2nd Level:
- Enhance Ability, blur, darkvision, see invisibility, locate animals / plants, detect poison / disease, zone of truth, warding bond,
- 3rd Level:
- Daylight, speak with dead, speak with plants, counterspell, dispel magic,
- 4th Level:
- Freedom of Movement, stone skin, death ward, divination
- 5th level:
- Dream, scrying, mislead, commune, commune with nature, contact other plane
- 6th level:
- contingency, true seeing, find the path,
- 7th level:
- 8th level:
- 9th level:
Feats for the 5e Homebrew for D&D
Psionic Initiate would simply include the Psionic custom class in the list of spell casting classes to choose from when selecting this 5e feat. From there it would work exactly the same as it does in the PHB.
Psionic Tattoo You can scribe temporary conduits onto yourself and other psionic characters. The tattoo lasts a maximum of 1 week unless the psionic tattoo artist decidesto end it before the week is over. A tattoo can contain any number of powers as long as the total amount of drams the powers cost is less than or equal to the character’s levels in psionics (cantrips count as 1 dram for this calculation).
When the Psionic character places the tattoo on the target and selects the powers the recipient gains a reduction of metamagic cost of the powers linked to the tattoo. That reduction is 1 spell point off of the total points spent on metamagics when the spell is cast. An example is drawing a psionic tattoo as a 5th level Telepath. They select the power: Nondetection (5 drams in total so they can not add another power). When they later cast Nondetection the power can be augmented with a metamagic ability that costs 1 dram and it will instead cost 0 drams to alter the power.
Just in case I have not clarified yet. A character may only be the recipient of 1 psionic tattoo. An attempt to place a second tattoo will overwrite the previous psionics tattoo
You may have a number of tattoos active equal to your Wisdom modifier +1, to a minimum of 1
Ritual Caster- now includes the rituals from the Psionic custom class list of spells for this 5e Feat
Spell Shaper- You excel at twisting spells to suit your needs. Your Wisdom, Intelligence, or Charisma increases by 1, you gain 2 spell points, and you gain 1 Metamagic ability.
Mind over Matter- You have trained your mind to exceed your bodies capabilities in times of need.
As a reaction you can spend 1 dram(sorcery point) to gain one of three benefits which last as per Concentration, for up to one minute.
- Add your proficiency bonus to any physical skill or physical action that does not already add your proficiency bonus.
- Add your proficiency bonus to a Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution save if you are not already able to do so.
- Add your proficiency bonus to any type of attack that does not already add your proficiency bonus .
Note: This cannot give you expertise, nor will it allow you to add your proficiency bonus more than once.
When compared to Skilled, where you simply gain 3 skills, Mind over Matter has better range of application but costs to do it.
Tip: Combine this with the 2nd level spell Enhance Ability for some amazing feats of strength and dexterity where once was an average psionics based PC.
Shared Minds– When this feat is selected the character gains the ritual: Shared mind. The ritual, when completed, allows you to share the burdens of concentration with another intelligent being.
You must be within touching distance of the intelligent being (Int greater than 5) and they must be willing before the ritual will work. It lasts 1 day or until you perform this ritual again, whichever is shorter. While active you gain the following
- You can speak with the recipient of shared mind as if you both had the message cantrip
- You gain advantage on concentration checks when concentrating on one thing while the recipient is not doing something that requires a concentration check.
- You may concentrate on up to two things at once without the loss of either one. Any Concentration checks made while concentrating on 2 situations requiring concentration are made without advantage.
Fortress of Adamant Will- Your intellect,persona, and consciousness reside within a mental fortress constructed of adamant will.
- Your Intelligence,Wisdom, or Charisma score is increased by 1 (to a maximum of 20)
- Gain proficiency in the Intelligence,Wisdom, or Charisma saving throw. If you already have the selected saving throw then you gain advantage on your saving throw for mind-affecting effects and psychic damage. Some of these include enchantment, telepathic attacks, illusions, psychic damage, etc…
Remember to always pack your character sheet and Stay Nerdy!