Board Games

Forums The Forum Non RPG Tabletop Games Board Games

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Pirrip 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Dave Friant
    Keymaster

It’s a bit of a catch all, but hey if ain’t a dice game or card game you probably want to talk about it over here.

Scott Beccard
    Participant

Anyone else gotten into Mice & Mystics? Adorable miniatures and a thrilling adventure, with a campaigns you can get into (plus two more with expansions!). Real light hearted fun.

Epsilon
    Participant

The only board game I own is Risk. I generally don’t play any other board games, aside from the occassional Settlers of Catan. Not from a lack of trying though. I have played plenty of board games in the past, but I haven’t had an actual board game night in about two years now. It’s a shame people don’t have more time for activities like that.

Settlers is one of my favorite board games that is really simple to learn. Ted and I played a dice version of it. It was fast but still gave me the Settlers of Catan feel. Here is his review of it– https://nerdarchy.com/2015/05/board-games-review-settlers-catan-dice-game/

Epsilon
        Participant

I might have to see if I can pick that up anywhere down here. It’d be great to have a version that’s quick to set up like I imagine that dice version is.

Dave Friant
    Keymaster

@epsilon Ted used to do a monthly board game night. Sadly it went the way of the dodo. I did a gaming quick tip for the last news letter on how to use board games for your tabletop RPG games.

sjard
    Participant

I’ve never played Settlers of Catan (or, apparently, just called Catan now). I don’t have the most extensive board game library, for two reasons, I can’t afford most of what I want, and I wouldn’t have space to store them if I did. Of course, most aren’t as hard to find shelf space for as my copy of Ogre Designers Edition.

Some favorites here include:

Munchkin Quest,
    Battletech (Classic, though all my stuff predates adding the classic to the name),
    Ogre,
    Frag!,
    Hero Quest,
    and of course the usual mix of Yahtzee, Scrabble, etc.

Kyle
    Participant

I have little experience with tabletop games, but so far House on Haunted Hill is my favorite. I love the fact that the mansion is procedurally generated using floor tiles and the scenarios are random each time. The possibilities are staggering. The rule set takes a bit to adjust to though. Especially when they change mid game and the haunt begins lol.

Pirrip
    Participant

I really like Arcadia Quest. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.