Felicia Day (creator of The Guild and the Supernatural actress who played Charlie Bradbury, “The Girl with the Dungeons & Dragons Tattoo“) launched Geek and Sundry in 2012. Since then the YouTube powerhouse channel has created thousands of entertaining nerd culture videos and articles with Star Trek actor Wil Wheaton helming Geek and Sundry’s most engaging content. For the fifth year in a row, Geek and Sundry is heralding International Tabletop Day. In honor of Felicia Day’s steadfast support of nerd culture and Geek and Sundry’s tireless nerd content generation and the spirit of International Tabletop Day, a group of Nerdarchy Staff Writers has created Arbor Jade.
Arbor Jade is a free Dungeons & Dragons 5E Adventure brought to you by Nerdarchy, specifically designed for play on International Tabletop Day, which will occur on April 29, 2017. You can get Arbor Jade right now for free by clicking this link.
Arbor Jade is optimized for play for four 8th Level Player Characters. This adventure is built on the three pillars of Dungeons & Dragons 5E play – Exploration, Interaction and Combat.
Arbor Jade is the first adventure created by a combined effort of multiple Nerdarchy Staff writers.
- Megan R. Miller wrote a character within the adventure, created an art piece for the adventure and received art from Lyndsey Watson.
- Doug Vehovec was the key architect for the adventure’s main story, aided with the layout and also received art from Baptiste Blanchet.
- Joshua Brickley thought of the idea to provide a free D&D 5E adventure for International Tabletop day, wrote a character within the adventure and aided with the layout.
- Nigel “Nubz” Sanford provided the key villain characters for the adventure.
- J. Scott Garibay edited all characters and story and ensured digital delivery.
The Player Characters are charged by a blind wizard to hunt a band of brigands known as Shard Iron. As the Player Characters journey through a magical forest pursuing Shard Iron, they encounter two guardians of the forest who request the Player Characters aid in stopping a disturbance in the forest. The Player Characters must choose who to aid, what quest to abandon, and then survive their choice.
We want to thank the Nerdarchy Primarchs Ted, Dave, and Nate for building the Nerdarchy community this adventure was built for. We want to thank Ty Johnston, who tirelessly serves as the Editor In Chief of the Nerdarchy Website and greenlit this adventure.
Please let us know in the comments about your experiences reading, running and playing Arbor Jade. Thank you.